23 February 2021

a bit warmer

I cleaned out my mini greenhouse today.
Took out all the deck pots that were stored there, dump the soil all together into the wheelbarrow, mixed it up and sifted out roots, a few weeds and larger bits of bark or sticks with my hands. Stashed the soil in a large pro mix bag, wiped the pots clean and stacked them under the deck. Pleased at how tidy they are- not harboring insects or dug up by the squirrel as in winters past. When it's time to plant my coleus, herbs and other plants for containers, I'll just refill the pots. 

Meanwhile, greenhouse has a full shelf of seedlings! Today it got warm enough the greenhouse heated to near 80° but I couldn't set the baby plants out on the table, there were strong winds. I propped the door open and set some planter drip trays up to block some of the sun, keeping the seedlings from overheating. 
Hard to judge how well that worked- well my trays didn't dry out and the seedlings didn't wilt, so I think it helped.

No comments: