24 February 2021

I just learned that an acquaintance of mine passed away two days ago. I do not know the circumstances. I regret that I did not know her very well. She was in the mineralology club with my husband and had visited our home a few times. We had in common a love of plants and traded hostas. I went to her house once- and now I keep thinking of that visit over and over. The conversations we had. How I admired her beautiful ostrich ferns, and the tidy paths she'd built around her house with repurposed brick. I wish I'd known her better or even become friends- I'd always hoped to go back for another visit, and it just never happened. I'm very sad for her family but have never met them. I feel a sense of loss even though we were not close. She once gave me a tiny fern fossil it sits on my bookshelf in a bird's nest that fell in my yard.

No comments: