27 October 2020

fall flowers

Still some flowers outside- loads of mairgolds, both the dark red I like 
and also many with bolder yellow (here in the rain)
Nice contrast with their bluish foliage
Still have a few zinnias-
I like this faded pink one
A few borage left near the pole beans
I forgot to do the second pinching of my chrysanthemums, so they are a bit leggy and flopped over already. But thick enough with flowers now, look pretty enough from the street.
Especially the pink one, it's always the fullest.
Nicotiana
The one in pot on porch dropped its flowers last week, but I left it awhile because kinda liked the wavy stems-
Cut it back yesterday; there's new leaves at the base. But we have a freeze coming later this week, so a lot of plants will soon get cut to ground, composted and mulched.

No comments: