31 August 2020

beans, lizard, frog

Picked more purple pole beans. Enough for everyone as side dish this time. So that's one thing in my garden actually doing better this year!
When I was on my way out the back door to pick them- startled this little skink on the deck.
Tried for a closer photo-
and it skittered behind some pots.
Even better, when I was out behind the pole beans, I found this little guy among the leaves-
Not sure which species- some kind of tree frog? but none of the identifying photos I find online are quite as orange- 
He moved while I was looking close, and the skin seemed very loose on his back.
Next day, I saw the little frog in the middle of the beans still-
Didn't walk around under the vines this time, but just took a few photos from the back- can see the skin pattern now 
I like to think he's eating all those pests that used to make my bean plants sickly. Here's the bright-colored round beetle in the garden- causing damage I think- and I recognize them now- immature stink bug.

No comments: