29 August 2020

violet collection

Another of the new ones has bloomed. 
It's the 'Crackerjack Red'. Although I wouldn't think to call this red, I think it's lovely- my favorite one so far. It has a very tidy, compact growing habit, and the leaves are nicely scalloped on the edges.
Whereas its neighbor 'Frosted Brandy' has leaves that kind of droop-
The 'Bob Serbin' flowers faded and it doesn't have any more buds yet, but the foliage looks very healthy!
I finally potted up two more of the smaller ones from their first cutting containers- another 'Bob Serbin' -
and this 'Lavendar Magic' -
The two smallest are still in their first pots - both 'Royal Rage.'
Here's all of them on the bookshelf-
and view from above
If more of the cuttings finally grow- there's still eleven under glass in the dining room corner- I'll need another location for violet pots.

No comments: