28 August 2020

window tank update

I've added more hornwort stems into the tank (trimmings from the 45), pegged down into substrate. For the summertime it makes the tank so green, and cut out the algae film on the rear glass completely. No more backdrop needed to reduce sun, seems balanced for now. 
Side view through the short end. 
My white clouds are spunky! I wonder now if I kept loosing some earlier, not because Laddie ate them, but because of the gill flukes... 
Today was the last dose of prazipro. A water change in seven days completes the treatment. Fingers crossed all better. Laddie is perked up again. Went eagerly after betta micro pellets today- first time I've seen him eat those since he got sick. Even flared a few times. (At what, I couldn't tell). 
The minnow fry are ten weeks old today.
Getting harder to take photos of them. 
They pretty much look like the adults now, just half the size. Some are starting to show white band on the edges of the unpaired fins. 
Two or three of them have very short dorsals- as if they only have 3-4 dorsal fin rays instead of the usual 6-7. Genetics? or poor water? I tested today- nitrates 10-20ppm. I'm bumping the wc schedule back up to every other day, until I can move some of these fishes out. 

No comments: