01 September 2020

sculpit handful

This morning in the herb bed I trimmed back nepitella, winter savory and hyssop- then scattered their leaves through the rest of the garden. Cut a generous handful of sculpit, had it in scrambled eggs w/cheddar and mushrooms for breakfast. Kids didn't really like it though. I think the herb flavor was too strong. Might try it in a risotto next time. (That would be new, as I've never made risotto! but it's supposed to be really good in that dish so I want to try).
Showed my kids the curious little "balloon flowers" before tossing them in the compost bin.
Borage is long gone in the front mailbox spot. I pulled them all out when bugs spread sickness. Left it empty for a while, more borage sprang up but the celosia (from self-sown seed that dropped the year before) grew quicker. It's already blooming now, though won't make the huge "brain flowers" that get admired. I tossed some flower seed of something particolored in the daisy family too, but haven't seen those germinate.

No comments: