05 October 2019

coleus collection

I potted up all my coleus cuttings a few days ago- 'gay delight'
Another between two of the orange/lime ones (right now more red/yellow from being in the sun)
Few 'watermelon' pinks and one 'exhibition limelight' in center
I took cuttings of the 'watermelon' that had rounded leaves- but I bet they will grow out normal again
Another 'limelight' with two of the crazy 'rodeo drive'.
I had cuttings from 'kiwi fern' outside, but taking them from the jars to plant, found they looked a bit sickly. So I tossed those and instead took new cuttings from the plants that have stayed indoors all summer.
One set has slightly wider green margins than the other-
Have several pots of the 'wild coleus' now- some have two plants.
The bright 'pinched' one (I don't know the real name)- potted up cutting-
and I took two more from the first plant of it outside on the deck, so I now have four. This will quickly multiply, because I'll probably take cuttings from all these pieces again mid or later winter.
Took a few more cuttings of the 'wild coleus' from outside too
And two more of 'gay delight' that I found with the rounded leaves-
And two more of 'watermelon' on the porch to even out the plant- saved them just because they looked good-
So I now have seven varieties: 'watermelon', 'kiwi fern', 'main st rodeo drive', 'gay delight', unnamed orange/lime, unnamed bright pinched one, and the 'wild' one.

No comments: