06 October 2019

not so well

Not all of my houseplants doing great. The parlor palms look well enough from across the room-
but have several dried, crispy patches on lower leaves. I usually just trim these off. My eight-year-old has recently taken to spraying plants with a tiny spritz bottle- she thinks it's fun- I directed her to give the palms, avocado, dracanea, schefflera and foxtail fern this treatment. Maybe it will help some!
This little cute blue-green trailing "foliage plant" has been dropping leaves, too. I found it's name! Pilea glauca 'aquarmarine' and it likes to dry out between waterings. I found it only had one drainage hole, and that set in center of the pot above the main surface- so after removing its dried-up foliage I stabbed a bunch more holes in the underside with a steak knife. Then moved it to bright indirect light in the bedroom to keep a closer eye on it. And saw that it has tiny bitten specks on the leaves- so I moved it back downstairs to a spot away from other plants, after dousing it with soap spray. Until I know it's clean.
Spider plant looks better than in the past, but still rather droopy.
Saddest of all is my eight-year-old avocado. Lower leaves pale between the veins,
upper leaves droopy and crumpled. I'm ashamed to show this one. I gave it a slight trim, topped off with fresh potting soil, and it's getting misted kind of regularly now. Not sure what else it needs. Afraid that repotting could put it into shock

No comments: