20 October 2023

fall flowers

My wild chrysanthemum is so pretty
I really need more of this in other places in my yard. And I think I can do so easily- I had cut a few stems that were growing out of the space just few weeks ago, stuck them in a new spot, and didn't expect much. But look- not only did they survive, they're blooming too!
The standard mums in the front are full of flowers. Even though I only pinched once, they are bushy enough and not flopping over this year. So increase sun is a plus. I only have two left now- this pinkish purple
and the salmon colored one
My black-and-blue salvia is reblooming, after I did all that trimming. Not as much as in full summer, but plenty to enjoy looking at, and I hope the hummingbird appreciated it too. Haven't seen it at the cardinal climber in the past few days, I'm assuming it's gone on migration now.

No comments: