04 May 2023

some things

around the yard: boarage is getting big leaves and filling in thick around the mailbox spot!
Some sensitive ferns are growing in among the lilies of the valley- I don't mind how it looks mingling, but probably will have to dig/pull some ferns before they go too far. 
My first cranesbill, that seemed to have died off earlier in the year, is doing just fine now! Although still half the size of the other one.
Spiderwort blooming. Looks taller and fuller this year.
All the joe pye I hastily dug up and moved to be against the house wall on the first sideyard, survived the winter and are coming back. They did much better here than the swamp milkweed (I still haven't found more than the first three clumps to move) so I think the milkweed wasn't really thriving here.
That one orange flower came up again among the bleeding hearts and hellebores.
Mountain laurel is starting to bud! Though it doesn't look so happy in this spot- still doesn't have many more leaves. Now I'm starting to wonder should I move it yet again.
Rumex. I always like seeing this plant in spring, though later in the season it always looks ragged from the bugs. . . 

No comments: