27 March 2023

second sideyard

Starting cleaning up a bit more over here, too. Pulled weeds, mock strawberry and old mulch away from the lungwort. I think I could divide this one next season! It's grown so much.
Did the same around the little clump of spiderwort, and found something that puzzled me
what is this plant, growing near its base? I feel like I really ought to recognize it. Maybe pokeweed.
The ostrich ferns further downhill in shade aren't showing above ground yet, but some here against the house in the sun are, and I found fiddleheads of sensitive fern just starting to push up.
It feels good to get out and work in the yard again, to get dirt under my fingernails. I'm still feeling sad at not having enough energy to go further and plant the whole garden, though. 

One lovage has come up- did the second one die this winter. Which would be okay, I never use all the plant anyway, but I like having two.

No comments: