27 June 2021

more fish lip photos

Last night, Foxface looked recovered-
and this morning when I turned on the light to check, I can barely see the spot on his lip. It's almost completely gone.
Shirley is a little better- from the side her lip doesn't look as 'pouty', and the spot on her fin is smaller-
but the white on her lip still concerns me. 
I went through my fish cabinet to see what meds I have on hand. Plenty of aquarium salt. I had Furan-2 but it's long expired (2017). I have some Kanaplex, Erythromycin and API Fungus Cure (victoria green and acriflavine), but not enough for a full dose. Going to the better LFS that's 40 min away, see what else I can get to treat the tank (and maybe they have General Cure, too). I think since some of the other fish have had small wounds/fungus in the past few days, it would be best to treat them all.

Amused to see this happened this morning:
Miss Beautiful hadn't laid eggs in a long time, since I took away her mate.
It's probably the extra feedings, and richer food, that's prompted her to. Hard to give the younger angels three feedings a day without Miss Beautiful getting extra. I've found that half a cube of frozen food is too much- they all get plump bellies and there's still bits floating around the tank (kuhlis are feasting). That's even if I give the tiniest bits in strained slurry to the guppies and minnows. I'm going to thaw just a third or quarter of a cube next time.

No comments: