26 June 2021

fish health

I've done thirty precent water changes today and yesterday. New heater is keeping the tank steady at 76-77° (house is 72° so it is working) I was going to bump it up to 78° but decided not to because some of the fish still have a bit of fungus, and cooler water slows that. Foxface is getting better rapidly- the white on his lip just a spot in the middle now
Hard to see, almost just looks like a highlight from the side- 
He and Rascal have been eating all the snails (except my nerites). So now I have more dead leaves to clean up on wc days (not a big deal) but also more algae growing on the glass (annoying). I think I'll either drop more malaysian trumpet snails in here- they hide at night so more might survive- or get one of those magnet algae cleaner things for the front glass.
Miss Beautiful looks fine- aside from the tear in her tail, which looks smaller so it's healing already
The gold angel, Precious, has a few small pale patches on her tail- fungus?
And the koi angel, Shirley, is the one I'm worried about. The white spot on her lip, looks like she's pouting from the side-
I looked back on pictures I took when I first got her home, and she had white spot on the lip then, so she's had this a while? or it started with stress from the move.
She's now also got a white patch on the left pectoral fin- probably from being roughed around by Miss Beautiful. During the day things seem relatively peaceful in the tank- and Miss Beautiful seems to have accepted Precious. But for some reason at night, when the blue 'moonlight' is on, she relentlessly chases Shirley around the tank. Awkward photo here with reflection in it, but can see the mark on Shirley's fin.
I also tried to get some frontal photos (really like these for the eyes)
Debating if I should put Shirley in quarantine, to give her some medicine . . . 

No comments: