26 January 2021

in the basement window

down where it is cool, my overwintering plants feel spring coming. The figs have fat buds, the citrus geranium which has looked great all winter
has a few tiny new leaves
and the bay leaf plant also has a new shoot!
Going up very straight
I have not felt like doing any garden prep yet. Which is unlike me, usually so eager for spring. I need to make my garden map and plan for the year; the folder of notes and past years' maps is sitting there. I did receive my seed packets, and ordered soil-less seed starting mix online (because the garden centers and nurseries nearby are all out of stock). Today I started folding paper pots, just to have something to do. 
It was the first time I've been able to start folding pots for the season without looking back at the tutorial again. Finally remembered how.

No comments: