11 June 2020

the young violets

Decided today that some of my african violet babies were big enough to move up into real pots. On this one, 'Bob Serbin' the younger leaves are grown nearly as large as the parent leaf!
in its new pot:
Also potted up 'Crackerjack Red'
and 'Frosted Brandy'
The shelf of violets in my bedroom, before and after:
Noticed after I'd potted them, that 'Bob Serbin' has two more little nubbins of green coming up off to the side. So I bet it will grow a second plant, or form a double crown then I can split it
Older purple one is still blooming!
Finally had a casualty among the cuttings under glass. One collapsed and started to rot. 'Leading Lady'. Not surprised, it was bound to happen to some of them after seven months! Here's those that are left, still looking fine:
I inspected close when doing the weekly watering (a strawful per tiny pot). One more has a tiny bit of growth emerging and got moved to the plastic baggie- 'Royal Rage.'

No comments: