27 January 2020

how the fishes are doing

Better! I kept a backdrop on the window tank- the fishes seem to feel more secure with a dark side.
At least, they have better color
(I always though it cool how the paradise fish has an oblong pupil)
My white clouds seem to like the change in tank lighting, too. Or they are feeling spunky after the treatment. Two males are sparring and flashing their fins at each other, it's something to see. Lots of chasing around the tank. Of course they're too quick for my camera but here you can see two flaring at each other (lower right corner of the driftwood chunk), third fish is a streak with a stripe just to the right of that (probably a female)
As for the guppies- all the ones in the tenner seem to be pooping normal and the two that were looking so emaciated I considered euthanizing them a few days ago, are now starting to gain their weight back. Fry in the 20H and the two adult females look fine but the mums are still expelling white feces that break up into little bits all around the tank floor (I'm siphoning with a pipette and doing small partial wc daily). Of course the other fishes could have this too and I just don't see it on the substrate. I wonder how long they will go on shedding intestinal lining like that and if it means the infection is worse than I realized. Next levamisole dose is wed (day after tomorrow).

Snail on top of the fake skull- he's not dying after all.

No comments: