24 December 2019

more and more guppies

My female guppies had their third batch of fry a few days ago. There were about two dozen. My youngest peered into the tank at them and said "well I think you should get rid of the moms now." She was kind of upset with me for excitedly pointing out the new fry- so tiny and cute with their wiggly tails- when she knows I'm just going to feed them to my bigger fishes. Half of the older guppy offspring in the tenner have their blue colors now. They're still half the size of the adult, but pretty and bright. The tank was looking a bit murky I wondered if I had too many in there (in spite of the fifty percent weekly water changes, and yep now the water is clearer). I netted two of the smaller (still uncolored) ones out and put them in the window tank (unceremoniously, no acclimation). I thought Laddie would dispatch them- he tried, but already at halfgrown they're too quick for him. I let them be. They stick together and sometimes hang out with the white clouds as well.

No comments: