23 December 2019

Laddie-

Seems back to normal now. I think he's just a lazier fish than Perry was, and a bit leery of me too- because once when he grabbed a white cloud minnow I regret to say I chased him with a stick hoping he'd drop the smaller fish. He didn't. But now is skittish when I lift the lid or use a tool. Approaches cautiously for food- I don't think he'll ever really be eager to see me at the front glass. Which is sad because I used to love how Perry would zip up and down the length of the tank in excitement. Laddie just doesn't. Anyway, he tends to rest on the tank floor until something interesting happens- always on a leaf never actually on the gravel funny enough- and just as often now that there's more floaters giving cover, he sits near the surface or rests on a plant midway and looks out. I wonder if he finds the motion of passing cars and people walking their dogs interesting?

Here he's resting on a frond of bolbitis, looking out the window
and here looking out between the one stem of mermaid weed, and a crypt. Or maybe he's just sleeping when he sits there, I don't know.
I noticed his dorsal and anal fins have grown some nice long points lately. Tail has filled out some in width but not gotten any longer. I wonder if he's finally starting to reach maturity.

No comments: