08 October 2019

plant swap!

Other day I went to a plant swap at the local library. I wish I'd known what to expect, I would have taken far more cuttings and dug-up seedlings. As is, I contributed my smaller pots of cuban oregano and the asiatic lily. Felt tickled to bring home so many in return:
Here's what I got! a pot of three small peace lily plants-
there's a tiny baby strawberry begonia in there (loose)
A dwarf sansevieria 'bird's nest' (hope I do better by it than the fern)
one small common milkweed-
three spider plant babies- without stripes-
cutting of angelwing begonia-
this long piece of vine the lady who brought it said she planted it outside against a fence
it looks like schefflera though?
Also not pictured- next post- a few pots with rose of sharon seedlings. There's another plant swap in spring. I will be more prepared! I thought I overdid it a few days ago when before a cold night I took tons of cuttings from my osteospermum (african daisies)- five pots like this! and so far they all look good- but I can easily take the extras to the swap-
plus loads of coleus cuttings, geranium cuttings, extra vegetable starts, seedlings of pin oak, holly, euonymus and echinacea dug from the yard etc- I'm looking forward to it again already!

No comments: