31 August 2019

few plant things

Newer hosta in the garden, the one with lance-shaped leaves I got as a trasnplant, is blooming white in the shady sideyard.
This is my scapegoat plant. It comes up as a weed, and some of the bugs seem to prefer eating it rather than my ornamentals it grows next to.
this one that came up in the back near the mayapples is a pokeweed-
I can tell because compare it to a larger one nearby that is starting to show the flowers-
but another in same area, I am not sure of. The foliage is similar, but there are slight notches in the leaf margins. It may be a tree seedling, or a giant weed I don't want?
My fig tree in a pot, is making figs!
Salad burnet is looking better since, like the others, I have been throwing soapy dishwater on it. I think it had a slight case of aphids or mealy bugs. All fine now. I haven't used it much this year, but did strip some leaves to throw into a plain burrito with beans and cheese last night, it was surprisingly good!
that's a vine of cucumber circling round the base of its pot. Might eat the last cuke and upend those pots; they just aren't doing so well.

No comments: