04 December 2018

paradise fishes- still afflicted?

Three days ago I saw a new spot on Lady's head, and the day after suspected there was one on her pectoral fin- smaller than what showed up before- and Perry lost his appetite again. Did another 20% wc replacing aquarium salt for the gallons changed, but measured as heaping teaspoons this time, so a bit more. Continuing to dose Ich Attack each morning. The paradise fishes seem to tolerate it better, although now and then I find them just lying on the substrate. I've also been feeding them garlic-soaked food every other day, to discourage parasites from taking hold again. I think they're finally feeling better- this morning saw them trying to bite at each other through the mesh wall- especially Lady- with a lot more energy.

Meanwhile I've pulled out most of the subwassertang and am keeping it in two glass jars on my desk near window (indirect light). Because it's hard to avoid pulling out subwasser by accident when I'm doing so many wc siphoning close to the substrate. Also I figure if the subwasser is in the jar- without a fish host- for over a week, ich spores on it will die. There's one little ramshorn in here, and some tiny copepods and/or seed shrimp..

No comments: