23 November 2018

Lady's treatment update

The spots are going away- I don't know whether on their own or because I gave her salt baths, but I kept them up in case. Past 48 hrs, I let Lady alone all day and give her the treatment in the evening, then shroud the tank for the night so she can recover from the shock. She seems to do fine with 10 min in the salt solution, but gets distressed if I re-acclimate too slow- so I time it 5 minutes between re-additions of tank water.

Her condition on thursday- blurry but can see the spots are diminishing:
here's a better closeup
just one scale edge was still lifted
Next day, friday she was very perky and alert.
Spots are not very noticeable and scales all appear to lie flat again.
I hope it's done- but might need to do another large wc with substrate cleaning,
 or treat Perry again- he's been a bit lethargic and not so keen to eat... . maybe I've just been feeding them too much- with the colder weather their metabolism is slower, so I've started giving lighter, fewer feedings.

No comments: