24 November 2018

new black skirts

When I was a kid I always wanted to keep black skirt (widow) tetras with angelfish. But I was advised the tetras would nip, so I never did. Now years later whenever visiting a fish store I always gravitate back to the tanks that have black skirt tetras- something about them still catches my eye. I've learned it's a numbers game and that black skirts are actually less likely to nip than serpaes... . . .  so yesterday I gave away my group of serpae tetras
and brought home (from chain store B) six black skirts- they're going into the tenner QT for a while
They all look pretty darn healthy, with a nice shine- but don't stop moving for a minute- even at rest they kind of twitch constantly so my camera can't catch a good picture in the dim light
I tried anyway
They'll be in close quarters here for a few weeks while I make sure I didn't bring any pathogens home, and then I'll introduce them to the angelfish tank while I QT another group of five or six- I think I should start with at least ten of them.

No comments: