01 April 2014

introduction

This was a big day for my little fishes. The Otos are done with their time in solitary (it was three weeks total in QT)- I put them into the home tank today. Tested the water beforehand- pH and temperature a precise match, but nevertheless I acclimated them slowly. Floated in the bag and added small amounts of water from home tank every ten minutes, over space of an hour. They looked distressed at being confined- color good during the whole process- so I am pleased and hopeful for a good outcome.
I'm keeping the tank lights off during their first day, to keep stress low. Sparky has been darting around up and down the sides, across the substrate. I hope he likes what he finds!
Otto seems a lot calmer.
It's very gratifying to see him resting on a leaf.
But I didn't notice before the small red streak on his side, just under the stripe. Perhaps an injury caused when I moved him from the baggie into the tank.

No comments: