16 January 2014

better

Flash looks much improved this morning. I have to be sneaky to see him relaxed, because once I walk past his bowl, or he spies me in the doorway, he dashes to the near side of the bowl and starts flaring himself all over the place. Definitely feeling feisty again!
He still holds his fins a bit pinched when at rest, but is more active and spunky again so I'm no longer worried. His torn scales are nearly healed, although now I notice a wound on his left gill cover. Once again I looked through past pictures and saw that it must have happened sometime early december. He hasn't got any new injuries since I removed the planted lid, and his scales seem to be healing well so I hope he will get over this soon.
Maybe he's been in pain and that combined with the shock of a recent change in his little sphere caused the clamped fins? I hope he contines to improve. He's such a beautiful little fish.

No comments: