05 October 2011

peppers

My Peppers all seem content for now, in the mudroom near the window.
(I had to move them out of the kitchen- not enough light). The biggest one is growing new young leaves at the top where most of the light is.
I wasn't expecting any peppers, just hoping to keep the plants alive through winter. Didn't even think they would make fruit, as don't the flowers have to be pollinated by insects? but following the drop of flowers, there are some new little peppers forming!
And the small Jalapenos continue to turn red, even indoors.
I just don't know what to do with them. I don't like hot peppers myself; my main use for them is in beans. But I haven't been cooking beans lately because they upset the baby's digestion. My husband wants me to pickle some with carrots (his favorite way of eating jalapenos) but I think I only have enough peppers for one jar, and it seems a waste of energy to go through the whole canning process for so little...

No comments: