02 October 2011

long-term plans

Now that I have those two Crape Myrtles in place on either side of my steps at the bottom of the driveway, my plan for this space is slowly starting to take shape. At the rate I'm going, it will be ten years before I have it looking like I want, ha!
I've used a paint program to go over this photo and scribble in rough idea of what I'm planning:
Against the fence, two little evergreen hedges about a foot wide and four or five feet high. On the right side, a curving bank of daylilies to echo those under the window (but perhaps another color- pink, I think). On the far right corner where there's a gap in the neighbor's hedge, a fat round evergreen shrub of some kind, with another like it on the far left near the house. Edging the circular steps some kind of "steppable" pretty groundcover. In a circle around the crape myrtles, beds of nasturtiums, and filling in all the gaps other perennial flowers (no idea what, I just scribbled in some color for those). Oh, and an arch just in front of the gate, planted with climbing roses.

When it's all established, I'll no longer have to run a lawnmower over that little slope down to the patio! I'm wondering if I can pull it off...

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

It's going to be beautiful :) I hope that one day I can see your garden :)