21 September 2026

the garden is winding down

I have to pick beans several days in a row now, to get enough for a side dish. 

Pulled the last of the carrots this week. I think next year I won't do the short 'n sweet ones, they are just too much trouble to clean and peel.
Soon the beets will be done too. Tomatoes are still holding on, I've started trimming out dying foliage so its looking more barren but easier to pick the tomatoes! Chard and collards perking up and looking better with the cooler weather now and my asparagus looks amazing but I didn't get a photo of it yet.

Rosemary is doing grand- 
and the two pots of hyssop nice.
I cut back the chocolate mint on the deck and that one is sprouting new leaves, looking better now too. Basil is starting to be done for the year, parsley never took off, and I've eaten most of the scant summer savory. Still have plenty of thyme and chives though!

No comments: