27 August 2023

now just one-

fish among my tanks (well, one tank, two jars and a vase now- more on that next time) has a name: Tucker. Here he is feeding (the white specks are daphnia)
I put a backdrop on the tank and attempted more photos today- but of course he zipped around expecting food, and kept swinging his head to look at me
I removed (and um, disposed of outside) the bloated, hunched minnow and the nerite snail. No idea if Tucker caught anything from the snail, which had been in the angel's tank- but then again, I probably cross-contaminated via my hands, tools, or might have dropped a few smaller snails in here from the other tank who knows how many weeks ago.
I forget to be careful sometimes. Tuckered colored up some when I put the darker backdrop on to take these pictures- but he still looks pale, especially when I compare to older photos. 
Is he uncomfortable because the tank is too bright, or feeling unwell? It's so hard to tell. He acts eager to see me, eats with gusto, even leaps to nip my finger again. Fins are growing out- I still don't know why they had lost the long tips before (unless it was bad water conditions, during that time I didn't take the best care of my tanks).
Just hope I haven't compomised his health. The minnows all look great, there was much fin flaring and displaying and quivering in the thickets again, when I dropped the background in place. So I guess they prefer a darker backdrop too. Maybe that means I should move this tank and not have it be window-lit any longer. Or try to grow the rotalas and vals in thicker to block more light across the back glass. That would be my preference.

No comments: