28 August 2023

all the jars-

well, the newest one is a vase. This same vase. Now I have it with crypt balansae, which I couldn't bear to throw away when emptied the 20H. Keeping it in here for a few months, hopefully then whatever pathogen killed my angelfishes, will have died off, and if the plants are still alive I might move them into the 33L.
It's so strange to have an empty tank in the room
and houseplants moved into its spot.
But I've still got my jars- this one 
with two shrimps
the anubias need older leaves with algae trimmed off again, but the buces are all nice
I hadn't noticed it until today, but my little patch of corkscrew vals is getting thin. Some of it's been dying off. I think I need to add a few more shrimp to make waste, or put plant food in (haven't done that in a long time)
The mermaid weed is rather small, too. Looks wavy in this picture from the old thick glass
which also blurs out the snail I tried to get a closeup of.
My other jar has less variety of plants- just anubias, crypt beckettii-petchii, 
a few buces. Nothing tall, so it doesn't even start to fill the space
It does look nice from above, though. Only snails live in here, most of them ramshorns.

No comments: