04 September 2021

how are some houseplants

Looking at the group I bought during covid times. Most of them are doing well- in fact, the tiny-leaved 'wandering dude boliviana' is doing fantastic!
It's grown so much. 
All the younger angelwing begonias are doing well, too. 
Except the one with glossy leaves (richmondensis) got very leggy and keeps leaning. I trimmed it and moved to a brighter spot. Put the cuttings in water just in case they root. 
The older begonia still has that second shoot coming up in the pot. It's taller, but no leaves yet. 
Next to it, the rubber plant doesn't look so great. 
And 'friendship' pilea is struggling, so I relocated it as well. 
And the pilea peperomioides faltered a while back- all the smaller leaves at crown were looking dark and wilting. I think I had overwatered it. I let it dry out for over a week, then watered sparingly again. 
Seems okay now- new leaves are growing again and they look fine. 
Not so keen on the coleus 'inky fingers' anymore. 
It just doesn't compare at all to my dark velvety one (dang, where is that plant label? I think it was called 'black witchy' or something) which is still so stunning
I kept it all season as a grand houseplant. 
Swiss cheese monstera has more new leaves. 
Very funny how the new ones grow out all tightly rolled up and then unfold. \
Crown of thorns seems to have finished blooming for now. The flowers finally turned all solid pink, and a few days after I took a photo, started to wither.

No comments: