05 September 2021

cardinal climber

 The pretty vine is all over my deck railings now. I cut down the part of it that was growing up the vacant sweet-pea bamboo tipi. Because it was reaching up the house siding. Now I'm trimming tendrils off the top every other day, and training longer vines on one side to continue around the deck.

Yes, it's prolific. Already a few seedlings coming up down below, though they won't get far before winter.

Still wondering what the large attractive coleus-like plant is that swarms half my tomato bed now. It has a particular scent when I'm nearby. I keep waiting for flowers to appear, to see if they look like coleus. [Note added later: it's probably shiso!]

The bright pale green coleus in corner by the root bed is nicer with cool weather now.

Near it a borage has come up volunteer.

No comments: