06 May 2021

what are they

I feel rather foolish when I'm out in the yard pulling weeds, and hesitate over a plant I feel I really ought to recognize, but I can't place it. These are growing by where the maple tree was cut down- between my yellow salvias, trasnplanted turtlehead, and the wild chrysanthemum.
These are growing far in the back, where there was one single specimen of mondo grass I was going to dig up and move. They look too attractive to be just some other unwanted grass- are they alliums (maybe my decorative one self-seeded and they drifted downhill)? is the mondo grass spreading? seems too bright green for that, though.
There's several of this plant coming up in one of the garden beds, which I know I have puzzled over before- it's the one I thought was a wild cross of coleus, but now I can't remember if I ever identified it or not.
And I feel like I should know this rather pretty but leggy trailing plant- also growing by the wild chrysanthemum and pink turtleheads. Hm.
Well, like before I think I will leave some of them be for a while, see what they tell me when/if they flower.

No comments: