05 May 2021

I have pricked out

my basil seedlings into larger pots for the season- two sweet basil, three purple amaretto, three mrihani and one lemon basil. Did the same with my thyme and summer savory- except oops, I hadn't marked the seedling pots and think I mixed some of them together.
Also moved into pots to grow more, the asters. I'm pleased they finally grew for me, but are still so small!
My one salad burnet has grown a bit. I'm still debating in my head, whether to plant this one in the ground or not.
Feeling bad for my cardinal climbers. Not only are they winding all over each other, but some are starting to flower. I could trim them back a bit- have a week to go before plant out date- but really, ought to have waited a month to start them! Well, here's a mental note for next year.
Still disappointed none of my sown wonderberry (aka sunberry) seeds grew. I checked several times in the garden bed where the plant was last year, to see if any self-seeded. Plenty of berries had fallen, but I haven't found a single sunberry seedling yet. Also, none of the artemesia (wormwood) grew- for me or my teenager (who is using one garden bed for his herbs this year). So I just bought one at the nursery. Pics soon! 

No comments: