04 May 2021

yard and garden update

Already some of the tokyo bekana are bolting, and the tatsoi. The seed pods of older tokyo bek are getting fatter, I pulled most of the tatsoi but left three that are still shorter rosettes. Maybe if I save seed from those, my tatsoi will last a tad longer in the garden next spring. Sugar snap peas are flowering, so is the arugula (which we ate only twice, ha) and the purple clematis!
Over in the perennial bed, one of the columbines I grew up from seed last year, is blooming now. Pinkish.
Most of the transplanted ostrich ferns are okay- 
and here are two of the strawberry begonias
next to the 'chocolate' joe pye weed.
My rhodies on the back fence are starting to flower-
and the older rose of sharons have grown twice as much. It looks clear through the fence behind them, because it is. My neighbors have cleared small trees and brush from most of their yard, making it all lawn right up to the edge. I suppose they like open spaces, or maybe are afraid of ticks (good reason). And here I'm trying to fill my yard with plants, ha.

No comments: