25 November 2020

a bit outside

Not much to do now, except rake up leaves that get scattered and tuck them under the rue, or dump into the large leaf pile bin. So I fiddle with a few things. A yogurt carton got emptied in the kitchen so I made another slug trap (here beside the old one- not filled yet in these pics)
Protecting my lettuces, tokyo bekana and the two tatsoi-
It doesn't deter the slugs entirely, but reduces the damage that I can ignore a few holes-
I still can't believe how long the sweet alyssum has lasted- it's nice to be close while cutting a few greens, and catch the pretty scent.
Nearby off corner of the garden, heucherella is looking nice-
I cut back my hyssop in the container planter somewhat- to tidy up the dry stem ends.
There's still plenty of bold blue flowers-
which fade pinkish-
Since it was making seed I gathered those- see next post.
and kept a bit of the dried flower heads as a little arrangement

No comments: