24 November 2020

some recent eats

I was pleased the other day to use several garden ingredients for our dinner- tokyo bekana lightly sautéed in butter (here shown just-washed)
little garden carrots treated the same
chopped leeks tossed into sliced portabellas (my leeks were few and skinny this year but we're still eating 'em)-
all served over mashed potatoes (no I didn't grow the potatoes but I wish I had!)
Last night I did just as well, making a basic meat pie adding five things I grew: leeks again, a bit of baby kale, carrots, fresh sage and dried bay leaf. Wish I had a nice image of that, but we ate it all too quickly!

And in the morning, what might be a final mug of tea, made from this sprig of chocolate mint
It's still alive out there, but probably soon will succumb to the cold. The small pot of wild mint next to it looked dried and dormant last week, but sprouted a new leaf during the warm days after (camera refused to focus on the green, instead sharp on the leaf litter ha)

No comments: