20 September 2020

some coleus

They have all done really well this year. My favorite in the pots on the deck and around the garden is this bright one I pinched (it doubled in size since these photos) - one of which has been growing in the corner behind the pole beans, and there's a thick row of them across the front perennial bed. I think next year I will plant the crazy 'rodeo drive' there instead, if it continues to look tamer- because the bright one seems too much contrast between the darker foliage of boxwood and mums. 
Also really like the 'exhibition limelight' with its huge leaves. It's been in a pot under the deck stairs, near the tomato bed.
Last night temperature dropped to forty degrees. As security measure, I took cuttings of all my coleus- here's some of them- 
I haven't been terribly fond of the orange/lime one, which is very red/yellow this year- I think if I plant it in deeper shade next summer it might stay the paler hues.

No comments: