13 June 2020

some plants

One of the rue I transplanted last year near a hydrangea, is grown taller and flowering now
Most of the rue cuttings I tried to grow in pots died. This one left.
I planted the zinnias in a row near the back perennial bed. Not sure if they'll get enough sun. It's kind of rough conditions back there.
Near them, the false indigo I thought was going to die last year, is actually looking good!
In the borage bed I created on the skirts of a maple tree, some are just starting to bloom. I cut down the borage in the garden spot, near peas and beans. It was collapsing all over the place. I did leave the base of the plant with a few leaves, perhaps it will grow back some.
Peony flowers are all done, the cut ones in the house have faded. I still enjoy the foliage out front,
especially where a blue cranesbill peeks through. Mine are leggy from shade but I kind of like how they creep up through the peony.

No comments: