05 June 2020

small tank shuffle

I had to move my shrimp jar. Slept very well one night, and woke up to notice the room was very quiet. The little usb pump quit working. My first thought was to run downstairs and check that the other usb pumps were still running- just fine, sponge filters bubbling away on all the front room tanks. Only this one died. I think it burned out because I had a valve on to throttle most of the airflow and didn't have a bleed on it. So put it on the plant bench next to my 45 and ran it off the large pump that powers the bigger tank, with a splitter. 
Shrimps are just fine. Easy move again- just scooped out three-fourths of the water into a bucket, picked up and carried the jar with all its inhabitants and plants, then poured the water back in over my hand.
Funny to have my smallest tank next to my largest! It's not in a good spot for viewing, though. Not enjoying looking at it, can't really admire the antics of the shrimps. They blend in so well, hard to see when it's in a dim spot.
I want to put it back on the coffee table by the window where the 20H is, but only after that one's done being used for QT/guppy breeding. Only now it has the white clouds in it. See further posts.

No comments: