06 May 2020

the front corner

More about this- because I ran out of steam last night. Lilac is finally filling its space- beautifully- so the smaller plants I had placed around it need to move. I'm glad to see all the salvias coming back strong-
but they're a bit overwhelmed
I cut back the lilac slightly- trimmed out some lower branches in the rear, to give black-and-blue salvia some breathing room-
because I am undecided where they could go. This has been such a great spot, the salvia coming back well through the winters, I'm reluctant to move it. I have started to picture what if I moved two of the salvias below the wall, where the little mountain laurel now is- 
it's about to bloom, by the way-
I think that spot would be sheltered, and get enough sun, and the salvias would look great there, but I'm not sure where I could move the mountain laurel to... Here's lovage in that corner- up to my knees now!
The echinacea next to lilac will need to get moved, too- but I will leave in place those that edge the driveway- where I put up this low stone wall of edging blocks to keep the neighbor's lawn mower from chopping them

No comments: