01 April 2020

planted out the greens

I got another bunch of leafy greens set into the garden-
all these bright young ones- lettuces, leaf beet chard, arugula and tatsoi
the rear part of the beds, where I propped up some fencing- is where I'll plant my sweet peas and red cardinal flower to climb
Here's the side view- they still look tiny but sure to fill in fast!
Yellow flowers opening on the blue collard greens. I was glad to read that this plant can self-pollinate, so even though it was unplanned, I'll have my first batch of self-saved seed for collards.
I can't really keep pace with the rate things are growing outside. That photo of the collards blooming is a few days old- already now the top of the plant has many bright yellow flowers. More hosta shoots are up, some of the bleeding hearts and bugleweed are already flowering. The rest of the ostrich ferns emerged. I cut and ate the first tokyo bekana leaves yesterday. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel like getting out there with my camera again.

No comments: