16 April 2020

lemon balm song

How I love my lemon balm. Sometimes I sing a made-up song about it, to the tune of Peter Paul & Mary's 'Lemon Tree'. It is so lush this spring,
and the leaves getting very large
After my weekend break (when I drink a bit of cranberry juice in the evening to help sleep), I made my first lemon balm tea again with only one leaf.
The next day two, then four, then six, until on friday or saturday I decide to have cranberry again. Lemon balm in the bottom of my favorite mug:
We have a forecast of cold weather tonight, going to hit freezing temperatures around four am. I'm watering everything heavy today in the yard and garden, and will cover the most tender things- the beet and turnip seedlings, the sweet peas I foolishly just set out yesterday, and in particular, the lemon balm will get heaped with shredded leaves again and covered with an upended pot. It will survive a brief freeze just fine, but don't want to loose all the new growth if I can help it.

No comments: