17 April 2020

blue stars and broad leaves

First borage blooming!
Loads more buds at the ready.
When I thinned out the mailbox spot, I transplanted some young borage into this area between tree roots, where I'd like to quit having to cut grass. Borage are tricky to transplant because they make a taproot, have to do it early and very gently.
I've tried this before and failed. I think this year it will succeed. The plants are further out from the tree, where there's more sun, and I moved them a day before rain. Already most have new leaves in center, and look fine!
It would be nice to have them naturalize this area, right next to the garden. I'd like to get nicotiana to naturalize in a clump between another set of tree roots there, too. If those survive my transplanting this time around (same reasons).

No comments: