24 April 2020

3rd sowing

The ones that didn't germinate for me last time were ironweed, joe pye (should have planted those two straight out), aster, rosemary (of course), sunberry, wormwood and the peppers. Not sure why the peppers failed to come up- my seed was too old, or the soil got contaminated, or the temps were wrong. Trying again with some. Today I sowed into trays zinnia, cosmos, sunberry and peppers again, four kinds of basil, sculpit, two nasturtiums. Fenugreek direct planted into a pot outside.
There's more flowers I'd like to start, but they go straight into the ground after frost date. And the last lot will be sown when it's warm enough to plant them out almost immediately: green beans, zucchini, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe and such. Not sure I'm going to actually grow all those this year- but the beans and zucchini for sure.

No comments: