23 April 2020

more garden stuff today

Moved chervil into a planter on the deck.
Fed my tomatoes a bit of milk. Diluted more than fifty percent with water. For the calcium. What do you know- their color has improved and they grew tall enough to hit the shelf above in the greenhouse. It's time to start putting them out in the plain air anyway.
I pulled up one of the chard plants from last year- entire- to cook with lentils for dinner tonight. Alyssum went into the gap it left.
My tithonias are doing better! But they spent the day indoors- it was rainy and while the coldframe stayed around seventy degrees (greenhouse temp hovering just above fifty) I didn't want to risk them getting a chill again.
Thinned out the turnips for some even spacing
and the beets. Planted carrots in the same bed, yesterday evening.
The pink clematis continues to delight me.
Purple one, still full of buds, no flowers. I found it swarming with aphids. Swiped lots off with my wetted finger (the black skirt tetras ate them eagerly) and then sprayed the plant with soap/oil/water.

No comments: