29 February 2020

shelves

There was scrap wood left over after building my greenhouse, so I threw together some shelves for the seedlings. So they can be in vertical tiers and have more light, when in the house.
Keeps them from sprawling across the floor space, too. View from window side. Just happened the main shelf turned out exactly the same height as the shelf that's here permanently for my houseplants!
Zebrina has really rich colors right now.
Smaller seedlings still in trays are nearest the window for max light.
Cuban oregano cuttings are out of the way under the main shelf, but that keeps me from overwatering them, as they're not so easy to reach.
My asparagus fern had to move.
Here's the potted bay, in for the night. I've finally used up all my store-bought bay leaves, so thinking of trimming the two stems that sprawl outwards, to hang and dry. 
It's quite a crowd, but will be manageable if next week I can plant  the lettuces, kale, chard and collards out into the garden. Then will have space to move the next batch of seedlings from their trays into pots.

No comments: