10 October 2019

shady sideyard progress

Looking at the uphill end of it- there's the new stinking hellebores, lady's mantle and nandina. Around the tree, seriously wilted salvia and turtlehead- it's still very dry here.
Looking across the side- there's the row of nandina, now three, on the property line (my neighbor's leaf pile and tall crepe myrtles in the background)
On the lower end of the hillside, flanking the other maple tree- newest plant is the lady's mantle here lower left of photo
A view of the whole thing from the lower deck. Still tons of bare space.
More of these blue-green weeds have sprung up again since the heat started to lessen.
While out in the yard, I found three holly seedlings- two very small
one slightly larger:
 I'm leaving them where they are for now. I think if I let them grow a full season or two, they'll survive better when I move them? Last time I moved one it died.

Just about to walk inside when a bird flitted from under the deck into lower branches of a maple. I was quick enough to catch a photo- it's the wren. Pretty sure it's a carolina wren.

No comments: