24 October 2019

guppy fry note and wc's

The little guppies are week and a half old now. I'm starting to see slight size differences, and squabbling, among them. I'm feeding them two or three times a day now, and admit haven't done as well with the cleaning schedule as I wanted to. Only actually siphoning out the box once every other day. Realized I ought to do a better job at that so I removed the leaf litter, makes it simpler. One of the adult females looks ready to pop out more fry again.

White clouds doing great. Love to see them wriggle their little tails excited when they find food in the tank. Laddie ignores them. They're so quick, it's hard to get photos now-
Several more of them are looking fatter, so I wonder if I have more females.
When I put the parrot's feather in the back of the tank, I took the plastic film off the window. Thought- this plant needs more light, and hopefully will take up enough nutrients to outcompete algae that might arise. Plus, the sun exposure is different in winter. I do see more trumpet snails out on the rear glass now, but I also see a lot of my window tank plants perking up and looking a bit greener.

Parrot's feather grew taller. Almost leggy enough to be unattractive...
How it looks now:
Some of the underwater parts are turning brown and yellowish-
but I am pretty sure will regrow regardless

No comments: